ACT Steelworks Pty Ltd (formerly ACT Fencing and Metalwork Pty Ltd) is a family-owned and operated company group, which has serviced the construction industry in Canberra, Queanbeyan and NSW for more than 40 years.
The company has an excellent reputation and credit rating, and it has considerable company resources to back up its operations. This gives us the capacity for handling very large commercial construction projects.
ACT Steelworks Pty Ltd has two subsidiary companies:
- Illawarra Steelworks Pty Ltd operates at Port Kembla for the Wollongong region; and ACT Rigging and Crane Hire Pty Ltd, a joint venture with Southern Central Engineering Pty Ltd, providing heavy lift cranes for all construction activities.
- ACT Steelworks Pty Ltd and its subsidiary companies employ more than 40 tradesmen and administration staff at the steel fabrication plant in Queanbeyan, Port Kembla and on construction projects in the Canberra and NSW region.
The company works almost exclusively on large-scale steel construction and engineering and for associated commercial construction and project management.
- Structural steel construction and security fencing
- All metalwork
- Balustrades, hand rails, staircases, louvers, air grills and sunscreens
- Sports surfaces and aluminium seating systems
- Waterjet cutting
- Crane hire
The company has carried out structural steel installations as large as 180 tonnes.